Internationally renowned Architecture & Interior Design firm Gabellini Sheppard Associates is seeking an Intermediate Architect and Construction Administrator with 4-6 years of experience in project team leadership, project management, and construction administration. Our mid-size studio designs a variety of commercial, residential, and art projects internationally. Attention to detail, knowledge of construction documents and construction administration, good communication skills, conceptual design sensibility, team leadership and collaboration experience, and conflict resolution skills are necessary. Architectural License and Vectorworks/Sketchup/3D-StudioMax skills a plus.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Be the prime liaison between CMs/general contractors, client/owner and AE teams
- Review and interpret construction documents
- Process, review and answer Request for Information and submittals
- Resolve problems which arise on the jobsite, coordinate bulletins to the contract documents, make recommendations, and consult client / owner on all issues related to the project.
- Monitor, review and process closeout submittals and perform frequent QA/QC construction site visits, including substantial presence at the construction site.
- Write regular field reports and distribute them to the team.
- Conduct regular progress meetings
- Write meeting minutes and track issues
- Maintain RFI, ASI and submittal logs
- Review and comment on change orders
- Maintain the quality and design intent of the project
- Check for code compliance, coordinate with consultants/contractors and develop construction details
- Understand design intent and goals for successful implementation
- Assist in the design control/construction administration phase of the projects
- Maintains as backup to the Project Manager, direct contact with clients
- Possesses working knowledge of best practice standards and expectations
Required application materials:
- Cover Letter (please state possible state date – immediate preferred – and length of availability)
- PDF of Resume/CV
- PDF of Portfolio/Work samples (if projects were created as part of a team, please indicate own areas of responsibility)
Submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org